Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hues Infused (Take Flight with Color)

I was thinking of writing my thoughts on the indiblogger trend topic 'Take Flight with Color' and I could only imagine beginning with a poem to express them. 


Hues Infused

Blue for the calm, red for the heat
Green for the freshness and pink for the meat
Each stroke and hue emotes in a way
Hard to express yet determined to stay

Bristles stroking a canvas of eternity
Emotion of colors infusing the mind
Trying to fill every space of emptiness
With all that sorrow and happiness

I have different perspectives of how I think about colors. Although these persepectives come from the same mind, they yet, in essence, capture two facets or contextually, two diferent hues. To stay in context to the topic I will express my thoughts related to only my aesthetic perspective of colors- what colors mean to me visually and emotionally. 

I think the poem above speaks a lot about my thoughts in this perspective. Every hue around me has its own significance and specifically every shade of that hue represents the naunces within. For someone who dislikes darkness and dealing with it when still awake, black would be a color of torment. However, a thinner stroke or spllatter of dark would make my day- like the dark black eyes of a beauty, the dark shade on her eye lids, her black hair to mention a few. The same holds true for any other hue that I can think of. I love colors and the emotions involved with them and how my mind perceives them. I like waking up daily to the beautiful yellow light trying to pierce through the crimson red curtains on my half-white windows. I also look at those dull half-white walls and think about painting them bright yellow. I like my predomintantly blue and white spread in the wardrobe and thats they way I prefer it, even though my wife wishes to add more color to my everyday life, of course figuratively. My tooth brush is blue too and I wish my eyes were too! Driving the gray car to work makes me feel ordinary on the road and feel safer among the reds, whites and yellows - lesser insurance and fewer eyes of coppers. The blue skies, the black tires and the gray roads diffusing at the horizon because of the mirage is a sight worth seeig on a hot sunny day. The beautiful colors of the foliage that bank the road with strokes of white fence railings fending a brown herd grazing on the greens - a sight I would digress for from my daily route which has some hues but mostly shades of gray. I dont mind spending half my salary to buy a camera to capture this sight thats worth a lot. But what my mind captures of this vision is undoubtedly priceless! 

My taste buds could not indulge any lesser if not for the beautifully seared pink salmon, the fresh green brocoli and sauteed colorful peppers and carrots. Who would ever close their eyes at a meal so deliciously infused with colors? It would be sinful to miss a sight of the beautiful smile from those lovely pink lips of my love who dark black eyes are infused with nothing but that emptiness wanting to be filled any moment. Those colorful dreams smudged, splattered and splashed with bright and dark colors lacking a definition and yet perfectly portray the emotions hidden in your subconscious mind. Like a dream that has no beginning, I will never know when I began my journey with colors but I do know that it will continue to be cherished till my last breath.

                                                  Fall 2011 (New Hampshire)

This blog entry is for Indiblogger's "Take Flight with Color"


3 comments:

  1. great take on color.
    cheers
    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pramod! I( am looking forward to your entry soon. Do you have on already or plan for it soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's how life is.. cherish the colors until your last breathe.. Great post.. and will my life be colourful

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete